This event has now finished
The Folly's Performers (Advanced) Improv Comedy Course
You've been doing improv for a while. You know you can do more and go deeper. Unlock your creativity and take your improv to the next level. The Folly’s approach is different – organically generated spontaneity, focus on you and the comedy of honest human connection. Acting skills for a theatrical comedy performance.
Maybe you're a performer of some kind, actor, teacher, presenter - you know what it is to go on stage in front of an audience, you know a bit about being directed. You have heard that improv can help you with your work and you'd like to add improv comedy to your skills.
Key Skills developed over the 8 weeks:
- How to create and play with dynamic tension
- Identifying and using impulses
- Go into scenes with courageous collaboration
- What being compelled by the scene means
- How to use theatrical wants, needs, objectives in longform
- What emotions are for & how to use them to create action
- How to stop talking and get good at using silence
- How to deal with awkwardness and use your resilience
- How to use logic and reason without coming off as boringly clever-clever
- What inference is and how to write a play backwards
- Get comfortable with surprise, trust, listening and being listened to
- Make it look like you’re a goddamn mind-reader
- Practise knowing you, and your team, are amazing.
Starts Monday Feb 10th for 8 Mondays 7pm - 9pm £210.00 Get 20% off with the code LBfolly2020 using the link above
"If we treat each other as if we are geniuses, poets, and artists, we have a better chance of becoming that on-stage." Del Close
We run The Folly Presents... a well-loved, monthly night at the Victoria Pub 48 John Bright Street, B1 1BN where alumni of the classes are encouraged to perform. https://www.follyimprov.com/the-folly-presents